Saturday, September 23, 2006

Muslims Offended -- what, again?

The Christians are at it again. An AP story in today's Star-Telegram reports on a Christian campaign urging Muslims to convert to Christianity.

According to the story, "Many Muslims and others consider campaigns like these offensive in both their timing and their goals." If I were a Muslim, I wouldn't be offended. I would just say "Thanks, but no thanks, you stupid infidel."

That was, in fact, my reaction to the recent admonition by Al-Qaida for all infidels to "convert to Islam or die." But I don't recall reading (in any newspaper) about any Christians who were offended by that statement. Maybe the Christians, rather than trying to convert people to Christianity, could simply teach Muslims some lessons in civility.

Lord knows, somebody should.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home