Friday, October 20, 2006

"Hate Crimes"

Here we go again. Another Koran in the toilet [unlike a similar story in Newsweek last year, this time it appears to have actually happened] and the liberals leftists are screaming "hate crime." I guess they think they can get conservatives to share some of their liberal guilt this way.

Well, I just can't get too upset about it. Other than the fact that it was a library copy (destruction of public property) and that it was tossed into a public toilet (littering), there is no crime. And no....it wouldn't be a crime if it were a Holy Bible, either.

It seems that every time someone is offended, they want to call it a "hate crime." Whatever the offense was, it probably derived from someone's hate, lack of sensitivity, or simply lack of respect. However, it's not a crime (yet) to destroy or otherwise desecrate a friggin' book.

If that ever becomes a crime, I'll buy as many of the books in question that I can afford, notify the press, and make a fairly large bonfire in my front yard (unless one of those frequent burn bans is in effect, in which case I'll just have my dog pee on them).

The whiners need to accept the fact that they do not have a right to not be offended. In other words, grow up, already.

[Editor's note: The above image was brazenly pilfered from Jason at COUNTERCOLUMN.]

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home