Wednesday, November 12, 2008

WTF, over?

I'm beginning to think (actually, I'm convinced) that Henry Paulson, Secretary of the Treasury, got his economic training from the underpants gnomes.

Phase One: Collect $700+ billion

Phase Two: ?

Phase Three: Profit (save the economy)

Now, instead of buying up "toxic" assets (bad mortgage loans), he wants to buy into banks.

AND, he stipulates that no questions be asked!!!

I don't doubt that Henry is a good man who wants to do what is best for the country, but, I can't help but think that maybe he isn't as competent as he thinks we think he is. Also, I think it would be appropriate that he and all the other "smart" guys who allowed this crisis to evolve in the first place, to be fired and replaced with a new set of incompetents. I know, you can't fire members of congress (Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, etc.).

Though Paulson is no doubt smarter than I am, I still think that my plan would do more good (and less harm) than anything he's come up with so far.

As far as the economy is concerned, I'd rather the government forget about bailouts and let the chips fall where they may.

I hate to sound cruel, but I'm a pretty cold-hearted bastard (or so I'm told), and I don't think bad lending and bad borrowing should be rewarded, especially when the rest of us have sacrificed in order to meet our own fiscal responsibilities.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should feel free to say anything they wish, no matter how stupid it might be. That's the easiest way for the rest of us to determine just how stupid they are - and we really need to know.


you crack me up, bro

8/1/09 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home